EquaGel Wheelchair Cushion
EquaGel is made of a dry-polymer gel that is almost rubbery to the touch. This gel forms columns in the EquaGel cushion and when a user sits on the cushion, the columns buckle into the hollow area between the walls for comfort and support. Air channels between the gel walls promote air flow. This, along with the breathable cover, optimises skin microclimate. EquaGel cushions are maintenance-free, do not require set up and are flexible for use on slung wheelchairs seats.
EquaGel cushions are available in three different styles – general, protector and adjustable cushions.
The EquaGel range includes the General support cushion that features mild contouring for everyday use best suited for people who require a low profile, comfortable cushion. The Protector cushion has deeper postural support and is intended for users who need moderate to high postural support.
For users with specific support needs, there is also the Adjustable Protector which comes with removable pelvic contour inserts.
- EquaGel is made from a dry-polymer gel arranged in a series of columns.
- As pressure is placed on the cell wall, it gently collapses, allowing the users body weight to be distributed across a greater surface.
- As well as the postural support, the open structure of the EquaGel cushion makes it significantly cooler than many other support cushions.
- All EquaGel cushions come with breathable, water-resistant and multi-stretch covers.
- Featuring velcro straps for wheelchair attachment, these cushions are long-lasting, low maintenance and easy to use.
16×16, 18×16, 18×18, 20×16, 20×18, 20×20