The Medical Aid Subsidy Scheme
Regional Rehab and Mobility is contracted to supply and repair daily living and mobility aids to Queensland residents on behalf of the Medical Aid Subsidy Scheme (MASS). These products are prescribed by Allied Health Professionals on behalf of the individual.
Applicants wishing to apply for equipment through the Medical Aid Subsidy Scheme need to consult an appropriate prescriber who will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the best solution for you.
In general, clients may be eligible for assistance under MASS if they:
- Are a permanent resident of Queensland
- Have a permanent/stable condition or disability
- Hold a pensioner concession card, health care card or Queensland Government Senior Card
- Meet specific clinical eligibility criteria relevant to the aid.
Relevant application guidelines and forms for each scheme or aid/equipment provide detailed information regarding eligibility requirements.
If you would like more information, please visit the Queensland Health website at www.health.qld.gov.au/mass or talk to your healthcare provider.
The aim of MASS is to provide endorsed aids and equipment to eligible Queensland residents with a permanent and stabilised condition or disability.
Aids and equipment are selected to assist people to live at home and avoid premature or inappropriate residential care or hospitalisation. To meet this aim the aids and equipment subsidised by MASS must be required for use within the home.
MASS appreciates that aids and equipment will be used to access the community, however, MASS subsidy funding is not available where the sole purpose is to access the community.
What We Can Supply To Eligible Clients On Behalf Of MASS
- Non standard bath boards (raised/backrest/extended and/or padded only)
- Static commodes
- Bath transfer benches/swivel bath seats/bath hoists or other item of equipment which achieves the same function
- Mobile floor hoists and slings; mobile shower commode, and necessary accessories and/or modifications
- Pressure redistribution mattresses
- Sleep positioning systems
- Manual and power wheelchairs and accessories/modifications
- Wheeled walking aids
- Foam and pressure redistribution – wheelchair cushions
- Infant/child seated mobility aids
If you would like more information, please visit the Medical Aid Subsidy Scheme website at www.health.qld.gov.au/mass, speak with your healthcare professional or contact our friendly staff to discuss.